- Distance Learning
- Price: $880.00
With a strong emphasis on practical skills students will learn about:
- News reporting
- Feature writing
- Photo journalism
- Interviewing technique
- Radio journalism
- Media research
- Television journalism
- Public relations and affairs
- Media law
- Career planning & development
And you will learn it all at home, at your pace – no classroom needed!
Please note: This is NOT an Australian accredited course. It is designed for those students / applicants who are looking to broaden their knowledge as opposed to those seeking certification.
Enrollments are every Monday of the year.
You work at your own pace whenever you are ready to read notes, research and complete assignments.
You are able to work through your program as quickly or slowly as you would like.
Many students complete the Certificate and Diploma programs within approximately 24 weeks
It is possible to complete a qualification in much less time should you dedicate enough time and effort to your studies
The maximum time given to complete a program is three years
Start a an exciting career as a journalist within print, radio, television or online mediums! The ICI Journalism course offers you a unique opportunity to develop a full-time or part-time career as a professional journalist with a variety of establishments including:
- Metropolitan newspapers
- Suburban newspapers
- Country newspapers
- Consumer magazines
- Business magazines
- Television stations
- Commercial & community radio stations
- Public relations / publicity agencies
- Advertising agencies
- Book Publishers
- or you may wish to work as an independent freelance journalist.
This course includes in-depth written assessments that you complete as part of your course work and then forward to your tutor. Once your tutor has marked and graded your work you will receive prompt feedback.
The great news is that you don't need any previous experience to take this course at any of the two levels it is offered at: Certificate or Diploma.
Certificate or Diploma?
Certificate Level: represent basic vocational skills and knowledge.
Diploma Level: represent fundamental principles, techniques and knowledge. ICI Diploma level qualifications recognise the capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and/or management functions.
What is included?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- Course notes and required reading materials
- Personal tutor (tuition and assignment feedback)
- Institute Identification Pass.
- Reduced tuition rates should you wish to complete an additional program during your studies or upon graduation!
What You Receive on Course Completion
By the end of the Course you will have reached a level of skill where you can competently handle all relevant assignments and realistically expect to be well paid for your efforts.
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- ICI Certificate or Diploma in Journalism certificate
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Usage of post-nominals after your name to reflect the qualification you have achieved. eg Don Smith, DipJour
- Press / Media Pass
- Job Search Assistance for Graduates of the program