- Books / Manuals
Conducting an effective interview requires both skill and preparation. Effective two-way communication is also vital, in order to result in an accurate assessment of all applicants.
Most people will take part in a work related interview an average of ten times more frequently than their parents or grandparents. This indicates not only a cultural change, but also the increasing emphasis on interviews as a crucial part of the recruitment and selection process.
This Skill Builder looks at the interview process and how you, as the interviewer (or as a member of an interview panel), can help ensure that any interviews you conduct provide the best opportunity for identifying the most suitable applicant for a role.
The Interviewing / Selection Skill Builder covers:
- Prepare - emphasising the importance of pre-interview planning
- Evaluate - reviewing resumes, determining competencies and areas for investigation
- Question - using investigative techniques to identify competencies gaps in experience or qualifications
- Listen - evaluating the interviewees' listening skills
- Observe - viewing non-verbal cues, eye contact and tone
- Decide - putting preconceptions (and misconceptions) aside early
What are Skill Builders?
These short sharp and succinct resources provide best practice thinking on a range of key topics and are currently available in 40 titles. Skill Builders are 12 page black and white booklets printed on 140gsm paper and hole-punched for easy insertion into a 3-ring binder.
They are designed to provide a practical method for improving skills and focus on explaining the main steps in the process. On the back page of each booklet a template illustrates how the process fits together for practical and immediate application.
What can Skill Builders be used for?
- Staff meetings or other group gatherings where time is limited and you want to discuss a specific skill or topic
- Pre-course work (to provide a brief and practical introduction to a topic)
- One-on-one or group coaching
- Self development
- Any other situation where a practical best practice process is required and time is limited.
$12.95 per book
Domestic Postage Rates
Total order value is $12.95 plus relevant postage value below:
$1 - $200 = $9.50
$201 - $499 = $13.50
$500 - $999 = $17.50
Over $1000 = free
Standard delivery is via Express Post within 5 days of order, and priority shipment (within 24 hours, or end of next business day) incurs an additional $9.50 to each total for priority shipment.
International Postage Rates
Exact cost of shipment via air mail plus $10 handling. Customer can request quotes for alternative shipping method, including international courier such as FedEx, which we will happily provide.