- Price: $435.00
Business change is complex because of the interdependencies between the business environment, the organisation, its people and supporting technologies. Cultural change is the most important consideration.
This one-day course would be beneficial to Staff who are:
- responsible for planning change
- on the receiving end of change and who need to understand the impact of change on the working environment
- responsible for implementing or managing change
Understand the fundamentals of managing change by identifying the levels of change, the misconceptions about change and the importance and benefits of change, as well as recognise the behaviours and traits of a change leader, and the role of resilience during change.
- Identify the steps of a change process, analyse a change situation, choose an action while avoiding risks, create a sense of urgency, set goals, motivate employees, prevent failure, and monitor the progress of a change.
- Identify the obstacles to change including resistance and negative reactions to change, empower employees, and ease the tension caused by a change, as well as identify the causes of complacency and understand the effect of crisis during change.
- Begin managing change by encouraging creativity and commitment to change in employees, using effective communication and listening skills, and controlling the grapevine.
- Recognise the truths and misconceptions about change, differentiate between change and transition, identify the factors that affect the response to change, recognise the styles of response, and identify the strategies to manage the endings phase.
- Identify the emotions, responses, and needs experienced during the exploration phase, and the strategies to manage the exploration phase.
- Identify the information required during and the common responses to the new beginnings phase, as well as strategies to manage the new beginnings phase.
Fundamentals of Change Management
- Basics of change management
- Importance of change
- Leading change
- Steps of a change process
- Choose an action
- Implement the action
- Monitor the progress
Obstacles to Change
Adapting to Change
- Truths and misconceptions
- Factors affecting response
- The endings phase
Coping with Uncertainty
- The exploration phase
- Management of the exploration phase
- The new beginnings phase
- Management of the new beginnings phase