The aim of the course is to provide career management professionals with tools to enable them to assist clients in career transitions – whether changing career, acquiring a new job or planning their career development within their current employment.
Within the course, real situations are analysed, covering people at all stages of their working lives.
1 Day (9am - 5pm)
- Public Schedule - waitlist with minimum 6 people
- Group Bookings - All States and Territories of Australia
At the end of this program participants will be able to:
- Make maximum use of an initial interview.
- Help a client gain self-knowledge in a non-threatening environment.
- Prepare a comprehensive inventory of a person’s personal and professional strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes.
- Convert this knowledge into realistic, long term career plans
- Create marketing tools (résumés, marketing letters etc.) to implement the plans.
- Plan strategies for dealing with employment interviews.
The course includes a balance of activities to accommodate different learning styles. The course emphasises group interaction and draws upon individual and collective experience and expertise through:
- Group discussion.
- Role plays of situations typically faced by career managers.
- Selected reading materials.