- Price: $530.00
Conflict, like toxic waste, is produced in abundance throughout organisations and then hasty efforts are made to bury it. Unfortunately, conflict has a way of seeping back and damaging the quality of your work experience and productivity of your organisation. Through this workshop, you will begin to both demystify and better manage everyday disputes, in order to resolve problems without damaging relationships. Your success will be measured in your improved ability to constructively manage the conflicts in which you are involved, as well as helping to mediate disputes for others. While no sane person loves conflict, after this class it should look more like an opportunity than a plague.
Employees who aspire to have productive, versus destructive, disputes within their organisations will benefit from this training. The workshop is especially helpful for people who must work collaboratively with co-workers. Anyone can gain new insights for navigating through workplace conflict.
Lesson 1: Whats a conflict
- Is this a conflict
- Kinds of workplace conflict
- Interpersonal Conflict
- Team Conflict
- Conflict prevention
- Analysing Conflicts
- What is mediation
Lesson 2: So what if theres a conflict?
- Costs: Money Down the Drain
- Calculating the Cost in Your Organisation
- Legal Costs
- How Much can be saved?
Lesson 3: How to Resolve Any Conflict
- The Three (and only three) ways.
- A Case: Modern Amalgamated Industries Inc
- Wrong Reflexes (Betrayed by our bodies)
- Distancing and Coercion (Walk-always and power plays)
- A Better Way
Lesson 4: How to Resolve a Conflict between others
- A Case: Catastrophe Mutual Insurance Company
- Managerial Mediation
- Too Simple?
Lesson 5 How to resolve a conflict between yourself and another
- A Case: Hard Core manufacturing Inc
- Self Mediation
Lesson 6: How to resolve Team Conflict
- A Case: The General Case Study Company
- Team Mediation
- Wheres the conflict?
- More complex structures
Lesson 7: How to Mediate all the time to prevent conflicts
- A Paradigm shift
- A Case: Patients-r-us hospital
- Thinking tools
- Completing the Paradigm Shift
Lesson 8: Strategic Management of Organisational Conflict
- A Case: Mediation Training Institute International Inc
- The Three strategies
- Which are you?
- The Three Dimensions
- Getting from here to there
- Strategic Management of Conflict on a smaller scale
- Making a difference
Lunch is provided for students for the duration of the course