- Books / Manuals
Effective complaint handling is a powerful tool for attracting and retaining customers. It is a skill that should be developed throughout organisations, but particularly by customer service personnel.
However, complaint handling is often viewed in a negative light. This is usually due to the following reasons:
1. The idea that complaint handling is a small and relatively minor part of broader programs such as better customer service, negotiation skills, effective communication or conflict management.
2. The concept that complaints are irritating or negative and best handled by ignoring, minimising or eliminating the complaint or complainant.
In this Skill Builder, complaints are presented as a positive opportunity for individuals and organisations to increase their competitive edge and build customer loyalty. The skills required to effectively handle complaints are also described.
The Complaint Handling Skill Builder covers:
1. Listen - identifying emotions, thoughts and underlying reasons
2. Empathise - building and maintaining warmth and empathy
3. Communicate - openly and flexibly exchanging and examining inhibitors to this
4. Resolve - reviewing useful approaches and having a solution-focused attitude
5. Brainstorm - transforming a complainant's outlook
6. Negotiate - finding a solution that satisfies both parties
What are Skill Builders?
These short, sharp and succinct resources provide best practice thinking on a range of key topics and are currently available in 40 titles. Skill Builders are 12 page black and white booklets printed on 140gsm paper and hole-punched for easy insertion into a 3-ring binder. They are designed to provide a practical method for improving skills and focus on explaining the main steps in the process. On the back page of each booklet, a template illustrates how the process fits together for practical and immediate application.
What can Skill Builders be used for?
$12.95 per book
Domestic Postage Rates
Total order value is $12.95 plus relevant postage value below:
$1 - $200 = $9.50
$201 - $499 = $13.50
$500 - $999 = $17.50
Over $1000 = free
Standard delivery is via Express Post within 5 days of order, and priority shipment (within 24 hours, or end of next business day) incurs an additional $9.50 to each total for priority shipment.
International Postage Rates
Exact cost of shipment via air mail plus $10 handling. Customer can request quotes for alternative shipping method, including international courier such as FedEx, which we will happily provide.