- Price: $550.00
Do you need to:
- Understand what XML is, where it came from, why it was developed and what its applications are?
- Understand the differences between XML and HTML?
- Learn how to create and maintain XML and related documents?
- Validate and process XML documents?
- Transform XML documents for display on the World Wide Web?
- Public Schedule - Canberra, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney
- Group Bookings - All States and Territories across Australia
The ability to operate a computer, keyboard and mouse in the Microsoft Windows environment and use a web browser such as Internet Explorer. A fundamental knowledge of and/or experience in HTML is beneficial but not essential.
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the history of XML
- Understand how XML differs from other textbased languages for document creation
- Understand practical applications of XML
- Develop and test basic XML and related documents
- History of XML
- What is XML?
- Benefits of XML
- XML usage
XML vs HTML
- Characteristics of HTML
- Characteristics of XML
- XML advantages
- Syntax rules
- Creating and viewing an XML document
- Modifying an XML document
- XML document structure
XML Elements & Attributes
- Characteristics of elements
- Guidelines for naming elements
- Specifying data in elements and attributes
- Limitations of attributes
- Well-formed and Valid XML
- Document Type Declaration (DTD)
- XML Schema
- XML Validators
- XML parsing
- XML Entities
- Parsed Character Data (PCDATA)
- Character Data (CDATA)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- eXtensible Style sheet Language (XSL)
- eXtensible Style sheet Language
Transformation (XSLT) elements
All publicly scheduled Wizard courses provide lunch for students.