- Price: $3450.00
Managing & Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment provides students with the necessary knowledge and skills that are required to manage accounts and resources, maintain server resources, monitor server performance, and safeguard data in a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 environment. This is the first course in the Systems Administrator and Systems Engineer tracks for Windows Server 2003 and serves as the entry point for other courses in the Windows Server 2003 curriculum.
Students will learn how to create and populate organisational units with user and computer accounts, manage user and computer accounts, create and manage groups, manage access to resources, implement printing, manage printing, manage access to objects in organizational units, implement Group Policy and manage the user and computer environment by using Group Policy.
Participants will also learn how to audit accounts and resources, prepare to administer server resources, configure a server to monitor system performance, monitor system performance, manage device drivers by configuring device driver signing and restoring a device driver, manage hard disks, manage data storage, manage disaster recovery and maintain software by using Microsoft Software Update Services.
5 days blended (classroom & e-learning)
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Canberra, Adelaide.
Please contact Excom Education for other states.
This course is intended for individuals who are employed as or seeking employment as a systems administrator or systems engineer.
Completion of CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications, or have equivalent knowledge and skills.
Part 1 - Managing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
- Intro. to Administering Accounts & Resources
- Managing User and Computer Accounts
- Managing Groups
- Managing Access to Resources
- Implementing Printing
- Managing Printing
- Managing Access to Objects in Organizational Units
- Implementing Group Policy
- Managing the User Environment by Using Group Policy
- Introduction to Security in Windows Server 2003
Part 2 - Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
- Preparing to Administer a Server
- Preparing to Monitor Server Performance
- Monitoring Server Performance
- Maintaining Device Drivers
- Managing Disks
- Managing Data Storage
- Managing Disaster Recovery
- Maintaining Software by Using Software Update Services