- Price: $3250.00
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to design a Microsoft Active Directory directory service and network infrastructure for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 environment.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Designing an Active Directory and Network Infrastructure
- Explain basic design principles.
- Describe the process of and the tasks involved in designing an Active Directory infrastructure.
Lesson 2: Designing a Forest and Domain Infrastructure
- Gather and analyze the information that you need to design a forest and domain infrastructure.
- Create a logical forest design.
- Create a domain design.
- Design a DNS namespace strategy for forests and domains.
- Create a trust strategy for forests.
- Determine a migration plan for the existing infrastructure.
- Design a schema management policy.
Lesson 3: Designing a Site Infrastructure
- Determine the information needed to design a site infrastructure.
- Create a site design.
- Modify the site design for replication.
- Determine the placement of domain controllers in the site design.
- Determine the placement of global catalog servers in the site design.
- Determine the placement of single operations masters in the site design.
Lesson 4: Designing the Administrative Structure
- Determine the information needed to design an administrative structure.
- Design a network administration model.
- Design an organizational unit structure.
- Design an account strategy.
Lesson 5: Designing for Group Policy
- Determine the information needed to design for Group Policy.
- Design a Group Policy structure.
- Create an organization unit (OU) structure for Group Policy.
- Create a Group Policy management design.
Lesson 6: Designing the Physical Network
- Explain the preparation necessary to design a network infrastructure.
- Create an IP addressing scheme.
- Design a DHCP infrastructure.
- Design a change management structure for networking.
Lesson 7: Designing for Network Connectivity
- Determine the information that you need to design for network connectivity.
- Evaluate connection types.
- Design a connectivity infrastructure.
- Create a design for Internet connectivity.
Lesson 8: Designing a Name Resolution Strategy
- Determine the information needed to design a name-resolution strategy.
- Design a strategy for interoperability with Active Directory, BIND, WINS, and DHCP.
- Design a WINS replication strategy.
- Design a name resolution strategy for clients.
Lesson 9: Designing the Network Access Infrastructure
- Gather data for network access design.
- Design network access security.
- Design remote access methods.
- Design a remote access infrastructure.
- Design a wireless access infrastructure.
Lunch is provided for students for the duration of the course