In this course, students are introduced to the Windows Server 2003 family of products, the core improvements in the Windows Server 2003 family, and the upgrade process.
Group Bookings - all States and Territories across Australia
Certification as a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) on Windows NT 4.0.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Windows Server 2003
- Key improvements in Windows Server 2003 since Windows NT.
- The editions of Windows Server 2003.
- Windows Server 2003 key server roles.
- Feature packs that are included in Windows Server 2003.
Lesson 2: Upgrading to Windows Server 2003
- Planning to Upgrade to Windows Server 2003
- Planning an Infrastructure to Support Active Directory
- Upgrading a Domain
- Restructuring Domains
Lesson 3: Active Directory Fundamentals
- Architecture of Active Directory
- Planning and Implementing an Active Directory Infrastructure
Lesson 4: Managing a Network Environment Using Windows Server 2003
- Introduction to Group Policy
- What are User and Computer Settings
- How are GPOs Processed
- Group Policy Inheritance
- Group Policy Management Console
- Deploying Software Using Group Policy
- Planning Group Policy
Lesson 5: Microsoft Resources and Training Options
- Tools and Resources
- Project Guides
Lunch is provided for students for the duration of the course