- Price: $3250.00
This five-day practical hands-on course will teach support newcomers the essentials of installing and troubleshooting all types of PC hardware.
- Public Schedule - Brisbane
- Group Bookings - all States and Territories across Australia
This course is intended for students wishing to qualify with CompTIA A+ Certification for PC Support professionals. It is also suitable for students wanting to improve their skills in PC support and administration.
Students should have successfully completed the "CompTIA A+ Essentials Support Skills" course or have previous experience of PC support. Specifically, it is recommended that students have the following skills and knowledge before starting this course:
- Identify types and characteristics of PC components, including motherboard, CPU, memory, and storage, input, and output devices.
- Install and configure basic peripheral devices.
- Identify types and characteristics of portable computers.
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows 2000 and Microsoft Windows XP.
- Perform basic PC maintenance and toubleshooting.
- Understand fundamental principles of securing IT systems and working safely.
- Communicate effectively with customers.
- Install and configure print and imaging devices.
- Understand fundamental principles of implementing LANs and internet access.
- Describe PC support industry job roles.
- Manage Windows using command line tools and edit the Registry.
- Use Remote Tools to deploy, maintain, optimise, and troubleshoot systems.
- Use tools to recover or restore a damaged installation.
- Configure and troubleshoot local network and wireless connections.
- Configure and manage users, groups, and shared resources.
- Configure and secure internet connections and web browser software.
- Perform preventative maintenance using approved tools and products.
- Assemble, disassemble, and upgrade PC and notebook components.
- Configure and update BIOS/CMOS.
- Troubleshoot, optimise, and upgrade hardware.
- Troubleshoot and maintain printers and scanners.
Lunch is provided for students for the duration of the course