- Price: $2970.00
This course is for people who want to learn how to plan and manage logistics operations. You will learn about the handling and storage of freight and freight maintenance schedules. You will also learn about the different aspects of logistics functions, including purchasing, operations, warehousing, transportation and supply chain management, depending on the elected course of study. Student will also learn how to manage physical and human resources, plan and implement security measures, develop business plans, and negotiate effective contracts.
Operations manager, Distribution centre general manager, Logistics manager, Transport manager, Freight operations manager.
The ALA Diploma in Logistics Management aims to:
- Provide supervisors, managers and logistics professionals with a formal progressive program of study in leading edge logistics theory and access to real-life scenario study, encompassing all aspects of logistics, supply chain management and operations support;
- Offer students course materials which are contemporary, relevant to their stage of development and which draw on practical, real world cases, as well as applicable theory;
- Enable participants to develop their knowledge, skills and competencies in the field of logistics and supply chain management which will assist them in their management of resources, processes and people and assist in ensuring they are recognised in the workplace in their ability to fulfil more demanding roles; and
- Provide a pathway into undergraduate and post-graduate study.
- Logistics professionals with at least two (2) years of work experience in a logistics profession.
- Participants who wish to continue their education with further study at the Advanced Diploma level.
Mode of Study
The Diploma in Logistics Management is offered by distance education in most capital cities in Australia, as well as through approved ‘Approved Training Providers’ (ATPs) overseas. This enables you to study in almost any location.
Workshops are available in some locations, providing interactive learning in a setting that encourages students to engage in brainstorming, discussion and problem solving activities. Many participants value this opportunity to learn from their peers and widen their professional networks, as well as to develop their opinions and strategies with the assistance of our lecturers.
Your progress through the course is assessed using different methods, to ensure that you are progressing in a number of ways.
- Continuous, ongoing exercises, assessed by your online and/or workshop mentor
- Case/Assignment preparation
- Written/online assessment
To enter in to the Diploma, students are required to have completed:
- Successful completion of year 10 or equivalent
- Two years work experience in logistics, warehousing, purchasing/procurement, manufacturing, order processing, transportation or similar activities.
English requirement for international students:
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
Course materials are available online through our online content delivery system - The Learning Room - and hard copies can be ordered for a reasonable fee.
Course Content and Requirements
The ALA Diploma in Logistics Management is a six (6) module Diploma.
These modules include:
- Five (5) electives
- Strategic Analysis & Decision Making
Each elective takes 14 weeks to complete. Electives can be completed concurrently. An indicator of the time it takes to complete is 12 months. Students must complete within a maximum of 5 years.
Electives may be chosen from the list below.
- Channels of Distribution
- Purchasing & Inventory Management
- Transportation Carrier Management
- International Transportation
- Operations Management
- Warehouse Management
- Logistics Technology
- Supply Chain Management
There is a registration fee of $95.00 payable per student. This provides associate membership in both the Australian Logistics Academy and Logistics & Supply Chain Management Society.
All students must become a member of The Logistics & Supply Chain Management Association. Registration can be arranged upon booking your course.