- Price: $1980.00
This course is for people who want to learn how to operate at a strategic level in the logistics field. You will learn how to manage: global freight operations, innovation and continuous improvement; customer service; organisational risk; operations project; and a transport and distribution unit. You will also learn how to plan implement and evaluate: international transport requirements, operational plans, transport and distribution plans for dangerous goods, warehouse layouts, budgets, and strategies for transportation services.
Operations manager, Distribution centre general manager, Logistics manager, Transport manager, Freight operations manager.
The ALA Diploma in Logistics Management aims to:
- Provide supervisors, managers and logistics professionals with a formal progressive program of study in leading edge logistics theory and access to real-life scenario study, encompassing all aspects of logistics, supply chain management and operations support;
Offer students course materials which are contemporary, relevant to their stage of development and which draw on practical, real world cases, as well as applicable theory;
- Enable participants to develop their knowledge, skills and competencies in the field of logistics and supply chain management which will assist them in their management of resources, processes and people and assist in ensuring they are recognised in the workplace in their ability to fulfil more demanding roles; and
- Provide a pathway into undergraduate and post-graduate study.
- Logistics professionals with at least two (2) years of work experience in a logistics profession.
- Participants who have completed the ALA Diploma in Logistics Management and wish to top up their diploma to the Advanced Diploma.
- Participants who wish to continue their education with further study at the undergraduate and post-graduate level.
Mode of Study
- The Diploma in Logistics Management is offered by distance education in most capital cities in Australia, as well as through approved ‘Approved Training Providers’ (ATPs) overseas. This enables you to study in almost any location.
- Workshops are available in some locations, providing interactive learning in a setting that encourages students to engage in brainstorming, discussion and problem solving activities. Many participants value this opportunity to learn from their peers and widen their professional networks, as well as to develop their opinions and strategies with the assistance of our lecturers.
Your progress through the course is assessed using different methods, to ensure that you are progressing in a number of ways.
- Continuous, ongoing exercises, assessed by your online and/or workshop mentor
- Case/Assignment preparation
- Written/online assessment
To enter in to the Diploma, students are required to have completed:
- Successful completion of year 11 or equivalent
- Two years work experience in logistics, warehousing, purchasing/procurement, manufacturing, order processing, transportation
or similar activities.
English requirement for international students:
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
Course materials are available online through our online content delivery system - The Learning Room - and hard copies can be ordered for a reasonable fee.
If you have previously acquired the Diploma in Logistics Management OR if you have a recognised previous qualification then this Advanced Diploma can be purchased for $1980
Course Content and Requirements
The ALA Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Operations Management is a four (4) module Diploma as long as you have already completed the requisite Diploma in Logistics Management.
These modules include:
- Three (3) electives
- Business Research Project
Electives may be chosen from the list below.
- Channels of Distribution
- Purchasing & Inventory Management
- Transportation Carrier Management
- International Transportation
- Operations Management
- Warehouse Management
- Logistics Technology
- Supply Chain Management
Each elective takes 14 weeks to complete. Electives can be completed concurrently. An indicator of the time it takes to complete is 12 months. Students must complete within a maximum of 5 years.
Advanced Diploma in Logistics & Operations Management
There is a registration fee of $95.00 payable per student. This provides associate membership in both the Australian Logistics Academy and Logistics & Supply Chain Management Society.
All students must become a member of The Logistics & Supply Chain Management Association. Registration can be arranged upon booking your course.