This module will provide participants with the skills and knowledge to deliver blue reliever medication in an asthma attack within State and Territory guidelines in either:
- A children's services setting
- A workplace setting
- A schools setting
- A sports setting
- Your Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment has been accredited by the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority and entered on the National Training Information Service and is recognised under the 'Children's Services Act' - Vic & NSW.
- Your Statement of Attainment will be valid for 1 year and the Asthma Foundation recommends that you attend an update every 12 months. If you are unable to attend any sessions, please contact your instructor.
- It is important that you attend each session of this course so that you are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
- When attending a class, please bring writing paper/pens or pencils.
Competencies to be achieved during the training:
At the successful completion of this course you will be able to:
1. Recognising the early signs and symptoms of deteriorating asthma
2. Identify equipment used in an asthma attack.
3. Demonstrate the 4x4 emergency Asthma First Aid Plan.
4. Correct cleaning and storage requirements for an asthma emergency kit.
You will be assessed at the end of the course to show your instructor that you have an appropriate understanding of the procedures necessary to manage a life-threatening situation.
This will consist of:
- Demonstration of correct asthma first aid plan.
You must pass each section to qualify for a certificate.