Breathing Apparatus Refresher Training courses are designed to ensure employee familiarity with breathing equipment. It is a recommendation under Australian Standards that Breathing Apparatus users annually complete a refresher training course. Participants will wear Breathing Apparatus and review operating procedures.
Participants who attend this course will observe a high emphasis on safety and emergency procedures. This course will be tailored to your specific type of Breathing Apparatus and your site procedures. I.e. escape type Breathing Apparatus or Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA). This course is only taught by experienced emergency services personnel.
- Hazardous environments that require breathing protection
- Relevant Australian Standards, Regulations explained
- Types of Breathing Apparatus
- Communication Procedures
- Risk Assessments and hierarchy of Hazard Control
- Breathing Apparatus Key components
- Calculating working duration & Emergency escape times
- Using Breathing Apparatus Control Tally Boards
- Breathing Apparatus Safety & Entrapment Procedures
- After Use Cleaning, Maintenance & Testing Procedures
- Public Schedule
- Group Bookings - All States and Territories of Australia. Onsite or at an Australian First Aid Training Room. Please contact us for a no obligation quote on training costs.