This course provides the information and knowledge required to safely work around (or manage the control of) hazardous substances and dangerous goods. Making use of OH&S Regulations participants will become familiar with hazardous substances classifications, types of hazardous substances, relevant Industry Standards, Codes Of Practice and Risk Management.
This course covers the skills and knowledge required to respond appropriately to a hazardous materials incident prior to the arrival of the emergency services.
This training course is useful for anyone who works around Hazardous Substances or Dangerous Goods (or supervises any persons that do)
Course Competency Codes: PMAOHS110B Respond to Emergency Situation,
PMAOHS210B Undertake First Response to Non-Fire Incidents
- Identify hazardous materials & Dangerous Goods relevant to the workplace.
- Risk Management & Risk Assessments
- Understand Hazardous Substances & Dangerous Goods Legislation
- Understanding of HAZCHEM Codes
- Understanding of M.S.D.S and product labels
- Detail personal protection equipment considerations.
- PPE for Hazardous Substances & Dangerous Goods
- Identify types of Hazardous Substances & Dangerous Goods incidents
- Responding to Hazardous Material Incidents
- First Aid for Hazardous Materials Incidents
- Firefighting for Hazardous Materials Incidents
Practical Exercises will be tailored to your specific workplace. Practical Exercises may include: Simulated Chemical Spill, Risk Assessments, Wearing PPE properly etc.
4 hours for Awareness Training Course
1 Day for Awareness Course & Breathing Apparatus Refresher
2 Days for Awareness Course & Breathing Apparatus Training Course (Encompassing the use of either Chemical Splash Suits or Fully Encapsulated Gas tight suits)
Theory & Practical Assessment
Onsite or at an Australian First Aid Training Room
Please contact us for a no obligation quote on training costs