- Price: $170.00
This 1-day course is for individuals with previous forklift driving experience (in Australia or overseas), but who do not hold a Nationally Recognised LF Class Forklift Licence. Your previous forklift experience should mean that you are confident in loading and unloading a truck trailer, retrieving pallets from heights and driving through an obstacle course. People without the necessary experience will need to complete a two day beginners course.
This course covers both the theory and practical assessment for the license only. As it is aimed at experienced drivers, you should note that there will be no “training” provided as part of this course.
The course will cover:
- Duty of Care
- Practical forklift operation
- Practical forklift driving
- OH&S Legislation in WA
- Site risk assessment
- Australian Standards
- Forklift awareness
- Lifting pallets
- Lifting up to 650kg
- Stacking racks
- Obstacle course
- Pre-starting safety checks
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Have a good command of both written and verbal aspects of the English language;
- Bring PHOTO ID with them on the day of the course;
- Wear closed shoes on the day (i.e. no thongs or sandals)
- Download the "Forklift Manual" and familiarise yourself with ALL of the questions and answers PRIOR to the course commencing
On successful completion of assessment a Statement of Attainment will be issued. A $71 licence fee is payable to WorkSafe for the actual licence card, which is nationally recognised.
All assessment is undertaken by WorkSafe Accredited Trainers & Assessors.