- Distance Learning
- Price: $1450.00
With a strong emphasis on practical skills students will learn about:
- Workplace Organisation
- Staff Management
- Control Systems
- Front Office Management
- Servicing Rooms and General Cleaning
- Building and Facility Maintenance
- Activities Management
- Event Management
- Food Service
- Kitchen Design & Equipment
- Food Service Management
- Food Purchasing
- Dealing with Complaints
And you will learn it all at home, at your pace – no classroom needed!
Please note: This is NOT an Australian accredited course. It is designed for those students / applicants who are looking to broaden their knowledge as opposed to those seeking certification.
Enrollments are every Monday of the year.
Study at Your Own Pace. Typical Completion Time is 12 Weeks to 24 Weeks
Start a career in the fast-growing hotel and hospitality industry. Hotels, resorts, private / corporate owned restaurants and special catering events all provide good employment opportunities for those wanting to enter this industry.
Graduates will typically find work in the following capacities:
- Bar managers
- Catering managers
- Hotel management trainees
- Housekeeping supervisors
- Manager, health and leisure department
- Marketing consultants
- Night auditor
- Personal assistant to hotel manager
- Personnel and training officers
- Public relations officers
- Purchasing officers
- Restaurant supervisors and managers
- Tourism and travel consultants
- Hospitality entrepreneur (restaurant owner, mobile catering, hospitality staff recruitments etc...)
This course includes in-depth written assessments that you complete as part of your course work and then forward to your tutor. Once your tutor has marked and graded your work you will receive prompt feedback.
The great news is that you don't need any previous experience to take this course at any of the two levels it is offered at: Certificate or Diploma.
Certificate or Diploma?
Certificate Level: represent basic vocational skills and knowledge.
Diploma Level: represent fundamental principles, techniques and knowledge. ICI Diploma level qualifications recognise the capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and/or management functions.
What is included?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- Course notes and required reading materials
- Personal tutor (tuition and assignment feedback)
- Institute Identification Pass.
- Reduced tuition rates should you wish to complete an additional program during your studies or upon graduation!
What You Receive on Course Completion
By the end of the Course you will have reached a level of skill where you can competently handle all relevant assignments and realistically expect to be well paid for your efforts.
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- ICI Certificate or Diploma in Hotel and Hospitality Management certification
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Usage of post-nominals after your name to reflect the qualification you have achieved. eg Don Smith, DipHHMgt
- Job Search Assistance for Graduates of the program