- Distance Learning
- Price: $880.00
With a strong emphasis on practical skills students will learn about:
- Travel and tourism industry
- Travel and tourism sales and marketing
- Destinations and products
- International ticketing
- Introduction to marketing
- Recruit, select and induct staff
- Manage people performance
- Public Relations
- Travel consultancy
- Skills Development
- Starting your own business
- Career planning & development
And you will learn it all at home, at your pace – no classroom needed!
Please note: This is NOT an Australian accredited course. It is designed for those students / applicants who are looking to broaden their knowledge as opposed to those seeking certification.
Enrollments are every Monday of the year.
Study at Your Own Pace. Typical Completion Time is 12 Weeks to 24 Weeks
Start an exciting career in travel and tourism! Why complete the ICI travel and tourism training program? With the right credentials, you can gain excellent positions with the following types of organisations:
- Domestic airlines
- International airlines
- Retail travel agencies
- Wholesale travel agents
- Regional tourist information services
- Tourism marketing consultancies
- Inbound tour operators
- Theme parks and tourist attractions
- Coach tour companies
- Harbour cruise lines
- Conference and incentive travel tour coordinators
This course includes in-depth written assessments that you complete as part of your course work and then forward to your tutor. Once your tutor has marked and graded your work you will receive prompt feedback.
The great news is that you don't need any previous experience to take this course at any of the two levels it is offered at: Certificate or Diploma.
Certificate or Diploma?
Certificate Level: represent basic vocational skills and knowledge.
Diploma Level: represent fundamental principles, techniques and knowledge. ICI Diploma level qualifications recognise the capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and/or management functions.
What is included?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- Course notes and required reading materials
- Personal tutor (tuition and assignment feedback)
- Institute Identification Pass.
- Reduced tuition rates should you wish to complete an additional program during your studies or upon graduation!
What You Receive on Course Completion
By the end of the Course you will have reached a level of skill where you can competently handle all relevant assignments and realistically expect to be well paid for your efforts.
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- ICI Certificate or Diploma in Travel & Tourism (Graduation Certificate).
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- You will be conferred with the right of displaying post-nominals after your name to reflect the qualification you have achieved. eg. John Smith, DipTT
- Letter of recommendation from the Institute Director
- Life membership of ICI + Alumni Association Membership
- Access to the ICI "Graduate Employment Service Program" (GESP) which facilitates support in the way of resources, contacts, resume assistance, job searches, interview preparation and career counselling and advice