- Distance Learning
- Price: $180.00
- Identify critical control points for food safety in the food production system and to reflect specific job role and workplace condition
- Correctly identify the biological, physical and chemical hazards for food handling, production, storage and service which apply to the workplace
- Identify food safety policies and procedures correctly in relation to critical control points and hazards.
- Follow all food safety policies and procedures correctly and consistently in accordance with enterprise and legislative requirements.
- Principles and methods of food production
- The food safety critical control points in the food production system
- Hygiene and food safety regulations.
- Local regulations pertaining to food production and packaging
- Types of hazards that apply to food handling, production, storage and service
- Typical recording requirements in relation to food safety according to regulatory standards
- Typical operational policies and procedures to ensure food safety.
- Ramifications of failure to observe food safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of critical control points and food hazards in the food production system
- Ability to consistently follow food safety procedures.
This course is designed for all people supervising food operations in businesses such as food product manufacturers, flour mills, canneries, dried food packers, bakers, breweries and wineries. This is a combined level 1 and 2 course.
On completion, successful students will receive a Statement of Attainment with the relevant nationally-recognised code.
All training is delivered by CFT International RTO #21120.
4 hours plus workplace assignment
You will be assessed for your knowledge as you progress through the course and at the completion you will download a workplace assignment which is designed to test your skills. To help you complete this, you will need a third party observer who has a number of years experience in food preparation or who has a food safety qualification at the same level, or above, that being observed. This person will observe you perform tasks and they will record comments in each of the boxes. They must put comments in every box as Yes/No/NA responses are not acceptable.
- For those who wish to be the Food Safety Supervisor and supervising workers.
- for those required to implement a Food Safety Program.
- to meet the requirements of Aged Care Accreditation Food Safety Program requirements and FSANZ Food Safety standard 3.2.1 Food Safety Programs (Pre-requisite: Food Safety Level 1 or equivalent)