- Price: $900.00
In this course, students create rich Internet applications with Adobe® Flash® CS3 using ActionScript™. They create Flash-based movies that contain graphics, text, and animations. They manage forms, perform calculations, and tailor the interface.
- Public Schedule - Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth
- Group Bookings - all States and Territories of Australia
The target student is the professional who wants to be an advanced developer of media technologies, on a path towards programming and web development. Target customers are advertising agencies, marketing agencies, production houses, and design- or media-focused departments within larger corporations.
Flash CS3 - Level 1
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- use basic ActionScript code.
- manipulate components with ActionScript.
- work with movie clips.
- add data to your application using built-in classes.
- reuse code with functions.
- connect to external data.
- build a navigation system.
- manage user data with forms.
Lesson 1: Using Actionscript
- Using ActionScript
- Add Components from the Actions Panel
- Trace a String
- Populate a Text Area with ActionScript
- Store Data in Variables
Lesson 2: Manipulating Components with ActionScript
- Create an Event Handler
- Create a Form with Interactive Components
- Use Conditional Logic in ActionScript
Lesson 3: Working with Movie Clips
- Create a Movie Clip
- Check for Movie Clip Collisions
- Attach a Movie Clip from the Library Panel
Lesson 4: Adding Data Using Built-in Classes
- Create a Dynamic Text Field
- Read Data from a Text File
Lesson 5: Reusing Code with Functions
- Streamline Code Using Built-in Functions
- Create User-Defined Functions
- Reference an External ActionScript File
Lesson 6: Connecting to External Data
- Examine Dynamic Content in Flash
- Add Data to an XML File
- Load Data from an External Data Source
- Create Dependent Components
Lesson 7: Building a Navigation System
- Display SWFs from Menu Options
- Add a Submenu
Lesson 8: Managing User Data using Forms
- Gather User Data with a Form
- Create a Submit Button
- Submit User Data
Lunch is provided for students for the duration of the course