In this course, students with intermediate/advanced FrontPage skills learn about online merchandising, how to present products effectively online and boost sales. The goal is to introduce best practices that result in Web site profitability.
Group Bookings Only - All States and Territories of Australia
- Experience as a manager, marketer, entrepreneur, or other business professional charged with building or maintaining an e-commerce Web site that sells products.
- Working familiarity with FrontPage and other Microsoft Office applications (particularly Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Experience in FrontPage creating a basic Web site; including opening an existing page and inserting text, creating a bulleted or numbered list, adding an image, and posting a page.
- Experience in Word creating documents and experience in Excel creating formulas.
- An awareness of the distinction between an e-commerce site front end (the interface) and back end (the database, transaction system and other behind the scenes systems).
Lesson 1: Identifying Company Goals and Customer Goals
- The Online Merchandising Challenge
- What Are Goals, Tasks, and Features?
- Discussion: E-Commerce Goals-Two Points of View
- Demonstration: Correlating Goals and Tasks
- Exercise: Identifying Correlations for an E-Commerce Site
- Discussion: Basing Decisions on Specified Goals
Lesson 2: Presenting the E-Commerce Product Mix
- Planning from the Ground Up
- Putting the Goods Out in the Open
- Exercise: Creating Store "Aisles"
- Discussion: How Will Customers Achieve Tasks?
- Demonstration: Labeling and Creating Pages
Lesson 3: Creating Product Pages That Sell
- Giving Customers What They Want
- Templates Benefit Everyone
- Discussion: Information That Enables Purchase Decisions
- Giving Customers More of What They Want
- Demonstration: Viewing a Page Template
- Exercise 1: Creating a Product Page Template
- Exercise 2: Maximizing Sales Opportunities
- Discussion: Looking at Possible Solutions
Lesson 4: Focusing on Revenue-Producing Results
- Methods of Measuring E-Commerce Success
- Exercise 1: Measuring Traffic with FrontPage
- Exercise 2: Calculating the Conversion Rate
- Visit Value and Feature Investment Breakeven
- Basing Modifications on Business Value
- Discussion: E-commerce in the Real World