In this course, experienced Excel users gain an understanding of advanced data forecasting and charting techniques. It covers the risks and benefits of forecasting, different forecasting and trending methods, and ways to maximize profit potential.
Group Bookings Only - All States and Territories of Australia
- Experience with analyzing business data to make decisions about products, projects, and strategic direction.
- The ability to use Excel to create formulas, including advanced formulas using the Insert Function dialog box.
- The ability to create line graphs and column charts from Excel data.
- Familiarity with named ranges in Excel
Lesson 1: The Risks and Benefits of Forecasting Data
- What Is Data Forecasting?
- The Business Needs for Data Forecasting
- Summary of the Risks and Benefits of Data Forecasting
Lesson 2: Creating Formula-Based Forecasts
- Three Formula-Based Forecasting Resources
- Walkthrough: Creating Forecasts from Existing Data
- Demonstration: Analyzing Data by Using Goal Seek
- Exercise: Establishing Targets by Using Goal Seek
- Tips and Tricks for Formula-Based Forecasts
Lesson 3: Forecasting Using Moving Averages
- What Is a Moving Average?
- What Decisions Do Moving Averages Help Me Make?
- Walkthrough 1: Calculating and Charting a Moving Average
- Walkthrough 2: Creating an Interactive Chart
- Tips and Tricks - Refining Moving Average Analysis
Lesson 4: Maximizing Profit Potential
- Net Present Value and Internal Rate of Return
- Walkthrough 1: Calculating Net Present Value
- Walkthrough 2: Calculating Internal Rate of Return
- Introduction to Solver
- Walkthrough 3: Determining Optimal Project Mixes
- Discussion: Best Practices for Defining Problems in Solver
- Summarizing Data Forecasting Benefits
- Next Steps