This course offers intermediateadvanced introduction to key concepts and core elements of working effectively with complex Word documents. Students learn best practices so they spend less time working on Word documents and achieve better results.
Group Bookings Only - All States and Territories of Australia
Word experience, including entering text and basic text formatting; saving, accessing, and printing documents; familiarity with the most common document views including Normal view, Print Layout, and Print Preview.
Knowledge on how to navigate in a document and at least some experience with basic tools such as Find and Replace, Comments, Bookmarks, Track Changes, AutoText, and AutoCorrect options; be aware of the Options dialog box on the Tools menu.
Additional experience in Word, such as formatting paragraph styles, creating and formating tables, using graphics and copying content between Word and other Office applications.
Lesson 1: Introduction to the Core Concepts of Microsoft Word
- Walkthrough 1: Introducing the Core Concepts of Microsoft Word
- Walkthrough 2: The Three Levels of Formatting
- Walkthrough 3: The Third Level-Understanding Sections
- Introduction to the Key Components of Complex Word Documents
Lesson 2: Using Styles Effectively
- Walkthrough 1: The Benefits of Word Styles
- Walkthrough 2: Create and Manage Paragraph Styles
- Exercise: Building a Better Document-Using Styles Effectively
- Best Practices for Working with Styles
Lesson 3: Simplifying Your Document with Tables
- Walkthrough 1: Using Tables to Simplify Your Documents
- Walkthrough 2: Timesaving Techniques for Creating and Managing Tables
- Exercise: Building a Better Document-Mastering Complex Layouts
- Best Practices for Working with Tables
Lesson 4: Managing Graphics Successfully
- Walkthrough 1: Understand Picture and Object Types in Word
- Walkthrough 2: Placing Graphics Securely in Word
- Exercise: Building a Better Document-Managing Graphics with Ease
- Best Practices for Working with Graphics
Lesson 5: Maximizing the Benefits of Fields
- Walkthrough 1: Simplify Your Work with Fields
- Walkthrough 2: Create and Edit Field Codes
- Exercise: Building a Better Document-Adding a Table of Contents