- Room Hire
The venue is situated in Edward Street between Ann and Adelaide Streets. The building has easy access from Edward Street, including wheel-chair access.
We have a room that is set-up for 12 participants & trainer with the specifications listed below.
The supplier has been approved under the Australian Government Endorsed Supplier Agreement and for Queensland Government Information Technology Contracts.
The supplier is a Microsoft Certified Partner.
Facilities / Training Rooms
Our Training Centre provides:
- 1 Professional Development Training Room
- 5 equipped computer rooms catering for 4, 8 and up to 12 students (plus Instructor)
- Student Break out area includes kitchen facilities, plumbed-in water-cooler, coffee / cappuccino / hot-chocolate machine, television, etc.
Our Computer Rooms are equipped with:
- Dell OptiPlex Pentium 4, 2.8Ghz processors
- 1024 MB RAM & 1GB RAM, 40 GB Hard disks (up to 3 additional computers can be added with 512 MB RAM)
- 17” LCD Flat Panels (1280 x 1024 resolution)
- 52 Speed CD ROMS
- Internal sound cards
- 10/100 Network cards
- Instructor PC with Classroom Management System
- Ceiling mounted XGA Data Projectors
- Ceiling/Wall mounted Projector Screens
- Networked with 100 bps switches
- 1500 KB ADSL Internet access
- Whiteboards, Flip-Charts
- Overhead Projector, DVD / CD / MP3 Player (optional)
- Network Printer & Scanner (available as option)
- Windows 2K or Windows XP
- Windows 2000/2003 Server (if required in the room)
- Lotus Notes / Domino R5, R6
$100 + GST per PC (based on a minimum of 7 PCs)
- Bistro (Sofitel Hotel) @ $15 + GST pax
- Sandwiches & orange juice @ $7.50 + GST pax
There are several public car parks in the vicinity. These are noted by the p symbols on the map. An additional car park has recently opened under the Mincom building on the corner of Ann and Edward Streets. The entrance is from Ann Street just past the intersection of Edward Street. (1 min from the venue)
If you catching any of the BCC buses to the city, alight in the vicinity of the Queen Street mall. (5 mins from the venue)
Walk up Edward St across Adelaide Street. 288 Edward is the second building on the left. Watch for the
Defence Recruiting sign.
Take the train to Central Station. (2 mins. from the venue)
Exit using the Ann St exit and cross diagonally to the Palace Backpackers hotel. Number 288 is the next
building down Edward Street.
The venue is open from 8.10am, Arrivals from approx 8.30am. Courses start at 9.00am and finish at approximately 4.30pm.
Refreshments of tea, coffee, cappuccino, hot chocolate and biscuits are available throughout the day.
Lunch occurs from 12.30 to 1.30pm. Participants attending full-day courses attend lunch at Chez Restaurant at the Sofitel (formerly Sheraton Brisbane Hotel).
Alternately In-House catered lunches may be arranged.
Full day participants will be asked to choose from a menu before commencement of their training.
Please let our Receptionist know regarding any special dietary requirements.
A participants’ telephone is available for local calls, in our café/lounge area. Please ask our Receptionist regarding any other requirements, ie fax, printing, etc.
The supplier would welcome a site visit to view our facilities and discuss training needs.