This course provides the necessary tools and knowledge for second level managers to ensure workplace safety systems and activities are implemented and monitored across the workplace. Trainees generally undertake this qualification because they have specific OH&S responsibilities that relate to work teams and individuals, as well as responsibility for management a range of OH&S issues within their workplace.
This qualification will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to carry out the role of a health and safety representative, health and safety trainer, an entry level OHS officer or supervisor positions with a major workload in OH&S.
Steve Caldwell has had extensive industry experience as a manager with NT WorkSafe. He lead and managed the NT WorkSafe Prevention program by developing, implementing and evaluating programme strategies to gain industry compliance with the occupational health and safety provisions of the Work Health Act and Dangerous Goods Act.
Steve's key focus is to achieve the outcome of reducing the incidence of work related injuries and disease in the workplace.
Why the Diploma?
- Better implement and support the organisations OH&S management systems
- Better prepare workplace personnel for dealing with OH&S issues in the workplace
- Ensure legislative requirements are better understood and applied in the workplace
- Implement OH&S initiatives and processes that support organisational OHS goals and objectives
- A great networking opportunity
- BSBOHS401A – Contribute to the Implementation of a Systematic Approach to Managing OHS
- BSBOHS402A – Contribute to the Implementation of the OHS Consultation Process
- BSBOHS403A – Identify Hazards and Assess OHS Risks
- BSBOHS404A – Contribute to the Implementation of Strategies to Control OHS Risk
- BSBOHS405A – Contribute to the Implementation of Emergency Procedures
- BSBCMN421A – Assist with Compliance and other Relevant Laws in OHS
- BSBCMN416A – Identify Risk and Apply Risk Management Processes
- BSBFLM412A – Promote Team Effectiveness
- BSBCMN402A – Develop Work Priorities
- BSBCMN311A – Maintain Workplace Safety