- Distance Learning
- Price: $880.00
With a strong emphasis on practical skills students will learn about:
- Private investigator skills
- Private investigator industry
- Investigation methodology
- Criminal psychology
- Corporate intelligence
- Covert surveillance
- Getting licensed
- Setting up your own PI agency
- Marketing your agency
- Career planning & development
And you will learn it all at home, at your pace – no classroom needed!
Please note: This is NOT an Australian accredited course. It is designed for those students / applicants who are looking to broaden their knowledge as opposed to those seeking certification.
Enrollments are every Monday of the year.
Study at Your Own Pace. Typical Completion Time is 12 Weeks to 24 Weeks
Imagine having an exciting and challenging career that gives you the opportunity to bring truth and justice to light and play an integral part in helping people solve important cases. Welcome to the world of the private investigator. Just like private investigators on TV or in the movies, your career as a private investigator might involve:
- Solving crimes
- Finding missing persons
- Protecting executives
- Investigating fraud
- Reuniting adoptees and birthparents
- Background investigation
- Finding evidence to keep an innocent person out of jail
- And many other rewarding cases
In most states and provinces, all you need to be licensed as a private investigator is to be 18 years of age, of sound mind and with a clean criminal record (In some states you may also need to pass a course or exam).
The ICI course features the following prominent people who will help you learn how to break in and succeed in this challenging and exciting career:
- The director of the National Association of Investigative Specialists
- An investigator chosen the #1 P.I. in the U.S. by PI Magazine
- The chairman of a state private investigations board
Who need the services of investigators?
- Government agencies
- Social security office
- Banks & building societies
- Businesses large & small
- Private citizens
- Offshore corporations
- Medium to large sized investigation firms
- Internal security departments of large shopping complex, stores and corporations
- And many more
This course includes in-depth written assessments that you complete as part of your course work and then forward to your tutor. Once your tutor has marked and graded your work you will receive prompt feedback.
The great news is that you don't need any previous experience to take this course at any of the two levels it is offered at: Certificate or Diploma.
Certificate or Diploma?
Certificate Level: represent basic vocational skills and knowledge.
Diploma Level: represent fundamental principles, techniques and knowledge. ICI Diploma level qualifications recognise the capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and/or management functions.
What is included?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- Course notes and required reading materials
- Personal tutor (tuition and assignment feedback)
- Institute Identification Pass.
- Reduced tuition rates should you wish to complete an additional program during your studies or upon graduation!
What You Receive on Course Completion
By the end of the Course you will have reached a level of skill where you can competently handle all relevant assignments and realistically expect to be well paid for your efforts.
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- ICI Certificate or Diploma in Private Investigation (Graduation Certificate).
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- You will be conferred with the right of displaying post-nominals after your name to reflect the qualification you have achieved. eg. John Smith, DipPI
- Letter of recommendation from the Institute Director
- Life membership of ICI + Alumni Association Membership
- Access to the ICI "Graduate Employment Service Program" (GESP) which facilitates support in the way of resources, contacts, resume assistance, job searches, interview preparation and career counselling and advice