This course is for people who want to contribute significantly to the effective operation of a customer contact operation, with performance in a broad range of skilled applications and substantial depth in some areas where judgment is required in planning and selecting appropriate equipment, services and techniques for self and others. You will be able to manage one or more aspects of the customer contact operation, which may be people management, technology management, financial management and/or operations management.
The government understands the nation’s competitive advantage is based on human capital, so a portion of Government revenue is given back in employer training incentives. This covers up to 100% of training undertaken by your team.
As an RTO (Registered Training Organisation) we are able to offer you the availability of having your employees trained and competent to a Government Certification Accreditation.
There is Government funding of up to $4,000 per person currently available to the employer for eligible participants enrolling in one of our nationally accredited programs.
The Government funding is all organised by us in conjunction with the New Apprenticeship Centre (NAC) in accordance with State Training Authority Guidelines.
All States and Territories of Australia and New Zealand
To achieve a Certificate IV in Customer Contact, a total of 15 units must be completed (7 core units and 8 electives).
7 core units are:
ICTCC100A (CORE) FOLLOW OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY AND PROCEDURES
- Follow workplace procedures for hazard identification and risk control.
- Contribute to the management of occupational health and safety.
ICTCC101A (CORE) COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY IN A CUSTOMER CONTACT CENTRE
- Analyse communication processes.
- Communicate verbally.
- Recognise and use non-verbal communication cues.
- Communicate in writing.
- Communicate electronically.
ICTCC110A (CORE) WORK EFFECTIVELY IN A CONTACT CENTRE ENVIRONMENT
- Relate individual operations to contact centre operations and infrastructure.
- Manage personal operations.
- Maintain a professional approach to employment.
- Participate in a workplace team.
- Manage personal stamina.
ICTCC111A (CORE) RESPOND TO INBOUND CUSTOMER CONTACT (or ICTCC112A (CORE) CONDUCT OUTBOUND CONTACT) OPERATIONS
- Prepare for customer contact.
- Process customer inquires.
- Arrange provision of a product or service.
- Manage customer contact.
ICTCC120A (CORE) USE BASIC COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY
- Activate and use computer software and hardware.
- Process information on a computer system.
- Manage computer use contingencies.
ICTCC121A (CORE) USE AN ENTERPRISE INFORMATION SYSTEM
- Locate and interpret information for a customer inquiry.
- Record information for a customer transaction.
- Use help systems.
ICTCC130A (CORE) PROVIDE QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Receive an inbound inquiry.
- Make an outbound contact.
- Establish a relationship with the customer.
- Determine customer requirements.
- Refer and transfer a customer to another agent.
- Respond to customer requests.
8 electives are:
ICTCC411A (ELECTIVE) MONITOR SAFETY IN A CONTACT CENTRE
- Access ans share legislation, codes and enterprise policy.
- Plan and implement safety requirements.
- Monitor, adjust and report safety performance.
- Investigate and report non-conformance.
ICTCC412A (ELECTIVE) IMPLEMENT CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT IN A CONTACT CENTRE
- Implement continuous improvement systems and processes.
- Monitor, adjust and report performance.
- Consolidate opportunities for further improvement.
ICTCC413A (ELECTIVE) LEAD INNOVATION AND CHANGE IN A CUSTOMER CONTACT CENTRE
- Participate in planning the introduction of change.
- Develop creative and flexible approaches and solutions.
- Manage emerging challenges and opportunities.
ICTCC431A (ELECTIVE) IMPLEMENT CUSTOMER SERVICE STRATEGIES IN A CONTACT CENTRE
- Plan to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Ensure delivery of quality products and services.
- Monitor, adjust and report customer service.
ICTCC471A (ELECTIVE) ACQUIRE PRODUCT OR SERVICE KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrate knowledge of products or services in a specified area.
- Convert product or service knowledge into benefits.
- Evaluate competitors or alternative products or services.
ICTCC472A (ELECTIVE) GATHER, COLLATE AND RECORD INFORMATION
- Obtain record and analyse information from the community.
- Take and compile statements (This element is optional).
- Conduct interviews.
- Utilise information / database systems.
- Use interview and evidence recording equipment (This element is optional)
- Exchange information with other members within the organisation.
ICTCC480A (ELECTIVE) PROVIDE LEADERSHIP IN A CONTACT CENTRE
- Influence individuals and team in a positive manner.
- Make informed decisions.
- Enhance the image of the enterprise.
- Demonstrate high standards of personal and management performance.
ICTCC481A (ELECTIVE) LEAD TEAMS IN A CONTACT CENTRE
- Participate in team planning.
- Develop team commitment and cooperation.
- Participate in and facilitate work team.
- Manage and develop team performance.