- Price: $450.00
Business writing is an essential communication tool. Professional writing should be concise, accurate and appropriate for the particular business environment. This course provides guidelines and opportunities to practice effective business writing. Mediums covered will include hardcopy print, electronic communication, memos, faxes, forms and summaries of information for inclusion in reports.
- Public Schedule - Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberrra, Melbourne, Perth, Parramatta and Sydney
- Group Bookings - All States and Territories across Australia
Upon course completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify and plan documents for business/organisational requirements
- Determine audience and purpose
- Determine format, structure and key points to be covered in the document
- Develop and check a draft document for readability, grammar, spelling, sentence and paragraph construction
- Utilise appropriate electronic communication (email) practices and protocol
- Manage electronic groups (email groups) to share information on business topics
Identify and planning documents
- Business/organisational requirements, methods and standards
- Writing protocols, for internal and external communications
Audience and document purpose
- Who is the intended audience?
- Covering key points
Identifying the purpose of the document
- Determine the information for inclusion in the document
- Where and how to obtain accurate information
- What are the key messages?
- How do you want the reader to use these key messages?
Selecting format and structure
- Rules for formatting and structuring business documents
- Identify the organisation’s preferred document style or layout
Drafting and checking a business document
- Sentence and paragraph construction
- Business/organisational procedures and protocols
- Communication procedures
- Managing your email
- Group emails
All Drake Publicly Scheduled Courses provide lunch to students