The Diploma represents a qualification that assumes a greater theoretical base and consists of specialised, technical or managerial competencies used to plan, carry out and evaluate work of self and/or team. The qualification will help the graduate to intimately understand and have the knowledge and skills to work in the following areas of a hotel, resort, restaurant, etc.:
|Admissions:||Completed the Australian Year 11 or equivalent|
|Intakes:||February, April, July and October|
|English Requirements:||IELTS 5.5 or equivalent (for international students)|
|Special Admissions:||Mature age students with satisfactory industry experience|
|Futher Study:||Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management
Bachelor of Hospitality Management
The AQF Descriptor for this Certificate is:
The worker will normally be engaged in a workplace in which they:
- demonstrate understanding of a broad knowledge base incorporating some theoretical concepts, in some cases in substantial depth;
- analyse and plan approaches to technical problems or management requirements;
- transfer and apply theoretical concepts and/or technical or creative skills to a range of situations;
- evaluate information, using it in forecasting for planning or research purposes;
- take responsibility for their own outputs in relation to broad quantity and quality parameters; take some responsibility for the achievement of group outcomes.
If the relevant pre-requisites are met the cost is $6000.
If not, the full cost of the course is $22 495.
AAHM Study Pathway
Certificate III in Hospitality Operations - 20 weeks
Certificate IV in Hospitality Supervision - 20 weeks
Diploma in in Hospitality Management - 20 weeks
Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management - 20 weeks