In this course, students learn effective techniques in data summary and display. It covers the role of business intelligence in the workplace and introduces the power of Excel. Students learn skills regarding data lists and PivotTables.
Group Bookings Only - All States and Territories of Australia
- Experience with analyzing business data to make decisions about products, projects, and strategic direction.
- The ability to use Excel to create formulas, including advanced formulas using the Insert Function dialog box.
- The ability to create line graphs and column charts from Excel data.
Lesson 1: Deriving Business Intelligence from Excel Data
- What Is Business Intelligence?
- The Need for Business Intelligence
- Discussion: The Need for Business Intelligence
- Summary of Discovering Business Intelligence in Excel
Lesson 2: Summarizing Data Using Lists
- Demonstration: Revealing Information in Data Lists
- Walkthrough 1: Creating a Data List
- Walkthrough 2: Creating a Crosstab Table
- Walkthrough 3: Creating a SUBTOTAL Formula
- Walkthrough 4: Filtering a Data List
- Tips and Tricks for Using Data Lists and SUBTOTAL Formulas
Lesson 3: Creating a PivotTable
- The Power of PivotTables
- Demonstration: Exploring the Capabilities of PivotTables
- Walkthrough 1: Creating a PivotTable
- Walkthrough 2: Pivoting a PivotTable
- Walkthrough 3: Adding Fields to and Removing Fields from the PivotTable
- Using PivotTables to Reveal Business Intelligence
Lesson 4: Fine-Tuning PivotTables
- Demonstration: Filtering Data in PivotTables
- Exercise 1: Filtering a PivotTable
- Walkthrough 1: Filtering a PivotTable by Using Page Fields
- Walkthrough 2: Formatting a PivotTable
- Walkthrough 3: Creating a PivotChart
- Revealing Business Intelligence by Using Excel
- Discussion: Taking Business Intelligence Outside the Workbook