- Price: $150.00
As of 1 July 2006, anyone removing 10 square meters or more of bonded asbestos must hold a B CLASS LICENCE. Successful completion of this course will allow participants to obtain the licence.
Asbestos Removal Licence - Asbestos B Certificate will cover - controlling exposed asbestos, minimising the risk of exposure to asbestos fibres, personal protective equipment
Bonded asbestos materials include asbestos cement sheeting, often called fibro, used in many Queensland buildings built before 1990. The sheeting was used for roofs and cladding, and can often be found as backing boards in wet areas like kitchens and bathrooms.
Payment must be made prior to attending the course.
Applicants who successfully demonstrate competencies and pay the application fee of $48.30 (which is included in our course cost), will be granted a licence for two years. The “B” class licence will be issue by the Department of Industrial Relations, through the division of Workplace Health & Safety Queensland.
4 hours (8.30am-12.30pm, includes test)
Brisbane (Milton) QLD
Requirements for Attendance
Participants are required to bring identification with them to the if attending the above Asbestos Removal Licence - Asbestos B Certificate.
- Current QUEENSLAND or interstate drivers licence (PHOTO ID)
- THREE of the following (1 x Category A + 1 x Category B + 1 x Category C)
- Full Aust birth certificate
- Aust or foreign Passport
- Qld card 18+’
- Aust citizenship certificate
- Medicare Card
- Bank card
- Student photo ID
- Vet affairs or Centerlink card
- Pensioner concession card
- Rates notice
- Tax office assessment
- Land or valuation notice
- Contract of purchase, current lease or rental document
- Controlling exposure to asbestos
- Minimising the risk of exposure from asbestos fibres
- Personal protective equipment